Saturday 9 May 2015

Term 2 Week 2

This week saw students participate in a special school assembly in remebrance of 100years since the Gallipoli landings.  The student art showcase is also open for students and parents to view. A $1 donation provides you with a sticky dot to place on the piece of art you like best. The winning pieces will be framed and displayed in the school.  Students were also busy making poppies for our poppy wall, on display outside the main office.

Next week sees the Year 7's taking their NAPLAN tests throughout Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Remind your child, this is one test on one day and both you and I know what their abilities and successes are.  Make sure they get plenty of rest the night before and have breakfast each morning.  Remember, the scores from the test will tell you something, but they do not tell you everything.  There are many ways to show you are smart.  NAPLAN  does not 'test' all of the amazing thing that make you, you.

As you may be aware I have lost my voice and have a fabulous relief teacher in for me.  Lynne will be in next week for me too as I have been told not to talk for a minimum of 4 days and to rest while my perforated eardrum heals.  Hopefully, I will see you towards the end of next week.

Take care and stay warm and dry this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment