Sunday 17 May 2015

Term 2 Week 3

Thank you to parents/caregivers and students for supporting the relief teacher(s) who have worked in Room 11 the last two weeks while I tried to get my voice back, fight infection and a perforated eardrum.

I have been told all Year 7's conducted themselves well throughout the NAPLAN examinations.

Please remember, this is one test on one day and does not take into account the other unique qualities each student has.

Hopefully my voice will hold out and we can get learning back to normal.

While I was away, I have updated my assessment records and have found many gaps, where students have either not completed the work or in many cases have not handed the work in for marking.  As results stand, some students have not provided sufficient work for me to give a satisfactory grade on their mid year report.  Please discuss with your child that they hand in work to be marked this week for marking next weekend.  As Year 6 and 7's, students should be responsible for their own work.  I will not offer to back-date marking again this year unless there are extenuating circumstances.

If you would like to arrange an interview to discuss your child's work before I start writing reports, please email me with days and times you are available, and I will try to arrange a time to suit us both.



No comments:

Post a Comment